Ads Area

INDIA: Noida Twin Towers blast: 9 years of struggle, buildings demolished, 100 crore insurance for 9 second blast

9 years of fighting, demolished buildings, 100 crore insurance for 9 second blast. In Noida, there was a Supertech tower built in violation of the law in Sector 93A. The demolition was led by Joe Brinkman, known as the 'Demolition Man'.




People in the area were evacuated hours ago. Precautions were also taken to avoid damage to nearby buildings. The authorities took measures to deal with the emergency situation and imposed strict traffic control. About 7,000 residents were evacuated to avoid danger. Gas and electricity connections to nearby buildings were disconnected. The police said that people in the houses and buildings in the area must wear masks. A no-fly zone was declared around the blast area. After a 9-year long legal battle, the huge multi-storied duplex building in Noida collapsed in the blink of an eye. 100 crore insurance was taken for the 9 second blast. The twin towers containing the apartment complexes Seian (29 storeys) and Apex (32 storeys) were demolished. It is the tallest building in the country to be demolished by controlled explosion. There were about a thousand apartments in the building. About 3,700 kg of explosives were used to bring the whole thing down in 9 seconds. These were filled in the 7,000 holes created in the building. 20,000 circuits were also prepared for controlled explosion. The explosion used the 'waterfall technique' so that the building fell straight down. Residents of housing societies in the vicinity of the Supertech twin towers were relieved on Sunday after officials confirmed that the structures were not badly damaged following their demolition. Emerald Court and ATS Village, the closest societies to the twin towers, had already evacuated around 5,000 residents ahead of the demolition under the Noida Authority's eviction plan. "A 10-metre boundary wall of a nearby society collapsed after hitting the ATS debris. Noida Authority CEO Ritu Maheshwari and Chetan Dutta, engineer at Edifices Engineering, a Mumbai-based firm responsible for the demolition, confirmed the crack. Apart from this, no damage information has been received from anywhere else. Meanwhile, Central Building Research Institute (CBRI) Senior Principal Scientist DP Kanungo said window panes of several flats near the court and ATS Village were cracked. When the Twin Towers in Noida were demolished, it became the tallest building to be demolished in the country - watch the video

In November 2004, Noida Authority allotted land to Supertech to set up a housing society. 2 additional towers and a shopping complex which were not included in the original contract became part of the Emerald Court project. The distance between the first tower and the 17th tower has been reduced to only 9 meters. The new 16th and 17th towers have 40 floors each. The Emerald Court Honorary Resident Welfare Association challenged this violation in court.

The Allahabad High Court has initiated prosecution proceedings against the officials of the Noida Authority for their involvement in the illegal construction. Also, the High Court ordered that those who paid upfront money to buy flats in the new towers (16,17) should be refunded with 14% annual interest. Supertech itself approached the Supreme Court against this. Supertech argued that towers 16 and 17 are a single block and are part of towers 1, 2 and 3, so the issue of minimum distance does not apply to it, but this was not accepted by the court. The Supreme Court pointed out that mandating minimum distance is in public interest and this cannot be changed by the company.

In the order, the Supreme Court observed that the Uttar Pradesh Apartment Act, which requires the permission of each flat owner, was not followed. Apartment construction limited the common space available to existing flat dwellers. According to the first revised plan in December 2006, the first tower had a spacious garden. By 2009, the park had been largely cleared to make way for the new 16 and 17 towers. This is a serious failure. The new 2 towers cannot be considered as a separate phase. This can only be seen as a continuation of the first project - the court ruled that there was a violation of the law in the Emerald Court project. The court also found that the builders had forgotten fire safety norms in the case of new complexes.

To get the latest news & information from www.indiansdaily.com click on the link and follow:  Indian in Ireland | Accommodation |   

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Below Post Ad

www.indiansdaily.com GLOBAL INDIAN COMMUNITY
🔔JOIN:    

Ads Area

avatar
EDITOR Welcome to www.indiansdaily.com
Hi there! Can I help you?,if you have anything please ask throgh our WhatsApp
:
Chat WhatsApp